UK Immigration Services
If you are currently in the UK whilst studying or on a points based work related visa, you may wish to travel to Europe for a holiday or to attend a conference. If you do plan to travel to Europe you may need to apply for a visa.
The Schengen Visa allows those wishing to visit countries within the Schengen area to travel using only one visa. Countries within the Schengen area share a central immigration database, and common visa processing and issuing procedures.
Types of Schengen Visa that can be issued;
- Airport transit-through an international transit zone in an airport
- Transit – no more than 5 days (on land) through Schengen state to non-Schengen states
- Short stay -single/multiple entry- up to 90 days (maximum 90 days within 180 day period) for tourism, business, family visits
In order to make a successful Schengen visa application, you will need to meet with the following criteria;
- You must intend to stay for a maximum of up to 90 days in any given 6 month period.
- You must be able to show that you have enough money to support your travel around Europe.
- you need to have at least three months left on your UK immigration visa at the time you return from your holiday.
A Schengen visa will allow successful applicants to travel to the following countries;
- Czech Republic