UK Immigration Services
UK Ancestry Visa
The UK Ancestry visa allows a Commonwealth citizen to immigrate to the UK and allows the applicant the ability to reside in the UK on the basis of their ancestral ties to the UK. This visa category does not require the applicant to meet with the maintenance or English language requirement and there are no restrictions on the type of employment the applicant can pursue.
Qualifying Criteria For A UK Ancestry Visa:
- you are a Commonwealth citizen;
- you are aged 17 or over;
- you are able to work and you plan to work in the UK;
- you can adequately support and accommodate yourself and your dependants without recourse from pubic funding;
- You must also show that at least 1 of your grandparents was born:
- in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man); or before 31 March 1922 in what is now the Republic of Ireland; or
- On a British-registered ship or aircraft.
How Long Is The UK Ancestry Visa Issued For?
The UK Ancestry visa is issued for five years, unlike points based application, there is no need to meet with the stringent criteria in place for points based applicants and there are no restrictions in place on the type of employment the applicant may which to pursue.
Why use CSB Solicitors to apply for your UK Immigration needs:
After we have established the most suitable visa for you we will devise a specific action plan to assist you with your UK immigration needs. At Turnbull Rutherford we have extensive experience in advising on all types of Immigration matters, both points based and non points based applications. We pride ourselves on providing a consultative approach tailored towards meeting the needs of our clients.
- We will ensure that you meet with all of the UK requirements and that we prepare your application to the highest standards including all the relevant documentary evidence thereby leading to a successful application and avoiding unnecessary expense of re submitting your application to the Home Office.
- Our team of immigration lawyers have a proven track record of success in advising clients on their immigration needs and testimony to this is the fact that 90% of our work comes from referrals.
- Our immigration specialists remain up-to-date with the changes to the UK immigration rules and policy guidance.