Skip to main content
<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined variable: image in <b>/home/sonnychall1976/public_html/wp-content/themes/csbsolicitors/page-services.php</b> on line <b>24</b><br />

UK Immigration Services

UK Fiancé Visa

If you are in a relationship with a British citizen or a person settled in the UK you can apply for entry clearance to come to the UK to marry and then to settle with your UK partner. The visa is issued for an initial period of six months, which allows you time to make the wedding arrangements and then marry, in some instances you can apply for an extension if you were not able to marry within the allocated six month period.

Qualifying Criteria To Obtain The Fiancé Visa Are As Follows;

  • you and your partner must be aged 18 or over at the date of application to apply for a UK fiancé visa;
  • your partner must not be related to you in a way that means you could not marry in UK law;
  • you and your partner must have met in person;
  • your relationship must be genuine and subsisting;
  • you must be seeking entry to the UK to allow your marriage or civil partnership to take place;
  • any previous relationship must have permanently broken down (this does not apply to certain polygamous relationships);
  • you and the applicant have the intention to live together permanently;
  • You are able to meet with the minimum income threshold requirement of £18,600 for sponsoring the settlement in the UK of your partner. There is a higher threshold for any children also sponsored; £22,400 for one child and an additional £2,400 for each further child;
  • Be able to house yourself and your dependants entirely without recourse to public funds; and
  • Meet with the English language requirement as stipulated by the UKBA.