A British citizen has the right to permanently live and work in the UK without any immigration restrictions, otherwise known as a right of abode. Depending on your current citizenship status or nationality, e.g., if you are married to a British citizen or have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), you may be able to submit an application for British citizenship through either the process of naturalisation or registration.
If you are applying for British Naturalization you must:
- Have lived legally in the UK for 5 years
- Have held Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK for at least 1 year at the time you make the application
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be of good character
- Be of sound mind
- Have sufficient knowledge of English (or Welsh or Scottish Gaelic)
- Pass the Life in the UK test
- Intend to have the UK as your main home.
Contact us for more information.