This visa route is now closed to new entrants. If you obtained this visa before 29 March 2019, you may still extend and apply for settlement under this route
Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is for Entrepreneurs who have access to £50,000 or £200,000 and wish to actively be involved in the setting up, running or taking over of the business (or businesses) in the UK. It provides opportunities for those who wish to set up a business as a sole trader, partnership or even a UK-registered company.
In order for your application to be successful, you must score a total of 95 points based on the funds that are available for investment, your English language skills and your ability to satisfy the maintenance requirements.
You can apply if you have access to £50,000 in investment funds from one or more of the following:
- a UK entrepreneurial seed funding competition endorsed by the Department for International Trade (DIT)
- a UK government department making funds available for the purpose of setting up or expanding a UK business
- a venture capital firm registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
or you can apply if you have access to £200,000 in investment funds and you can prove that the money is either:
- your own
- made available to you by other people (‘third parties’), such as a spouse, partner or investor
- in a joint account with your spouse or partner but only if they aren’t applying for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa
Your dependent family members can join you in the UK under this visa route. The Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa can lead to permanent settlement and thereafter British Citizenship.